Sunday, May 17, 2015

I hate moving.

Graduation. What an exciting time. Absolutely exhausting. As grand as big moments can sometimes be, there is an undeniable relief that comes when they are over. It is like a deep breath after a work out. In this case, a five year work out where I actually gained weight... but who's counting?

Back to the real world, the future starts tomorrow and I have to move out of my dorm. It's hard to pack and think about not returning next semester. I am excited to move into a new home with new friends and start a new adventure. That being said, it's hard to leave this behind. Jess and I have been avoiding the "this is the last time we will..." conversations. I just can't go there!

Moving has been a distraction of sorts. I hate moving because there is hardly an organized way to compile all of your crap and sort it into boxes. I am sure some people can do it, I just lack those skills. Also, I have too many clothes... but I'm not going there.

Shout out to Bailey and Bre for accommodating me for the next two weeks, until I move in my house. Living in my car would be inconvenient and make showering really awkward (why is that girl naked in the car wash?!). Seriously though, much appreciation.

Hopefully in a few weeks I will be moved into my new home and everything will be peachy. Until then, I will relish in the chaos and enjoy the time with my friends. The real world starts too soon... or maybe it already has...



10 Things To Do Instead of Packing:

#1) look at every single thing in the junk drawer. obviously I need to count this whole deck of cards... what it has 51? I don't need to pack it. The obvious choice is to count all the cards right now. Oh look at this! I haven't seen it in forever!

#2) Take selfie's to complain about moving.

#3) sleep. pack a box, take a nap. great system.

#4) dance break.

#5) call your mom to tell her that you are almost done packing, regardless of actual packing status.

#6) explain or revisit the origin/importance of every item in your desk. "oooh Jess! remember when I got these?!"

#7) eat food.

#8)  debate if you should keep or pitch things, usually keep....

#9) fold toilet paper origami.

#10) internet surfing via phone. the alternative to everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment